Board index Pro Wrestling Discussion Be The Booker Re: ROH Reboot

Re: ROH Reboot

Post here to show how you would book a promotion
Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 am
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'm not too sure about shelton leaving. If they knew that were the case, would they really have WGTT win? Weird. You would think they'd rather have KoW hold onto the belts instead then and prolong their reign. They really need another tag team to rival KoW. Briscoes have lost the fans IMO, especially in NY where I'm from, and ANX imo are not good enough. Cole and O'Reilly have potential though.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:22 am
PhenomenalTLD User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Main event signed for Toronto, ON on May 7th!

Davey Richards finally gets his shot at the World Title! On May 7th, Davey Richards gets his chance to right what he feels is the wrong that happened at Final Battle 2010 when Roderick Strong concussed him and scored the win to retain the World Title. Davey finally feels that he is ready for his rematch and ROH officials have granted the rematch for Toronto!

Toronto is a special place for Davey Richards. It was the home of his classic with Tyler Black in 2010 at DBDH...but Davey came up short that night. Can he finally live up to his destiny and defeat Roderick Strong? Be there on May 7th to find out as the rematch is signed:

ROH World Title
Final Battle 2010 Rematch

ROH World Champion
Roderick Strong
vs.
Davey Richards
Follow me on Twitter @PhenomenalTLD
I talk about...stuff.

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:20 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly put their titles on the line in Toronto! Colt Cabana and El Generico were unsuccessful in their last attempt at the ROH Tag Team Titles at "Fade to Black" but perhaps the playing field could change the results. Fresh off their tag team title victory in Atlanta, Cole and O'Reilly want tests. They will find that in Toronto when they defend against Colt Cabana and El Generico! .

Also announced for Toronto is a big tag team match as The Kings of Wrestling take on the All Night Express in a rematch from the 9 Year Anniversary Show in Chicago.

More to be announced shortly for Toronto but also of note...

In Dearborn, Michigan on May 6th:

The Briscoe Brothers have demanded a match vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana as they are reportedly VERY upset that El Generico and Cabana have gotten the first shot at the ROH Tag Team Titles. Jay Briscoe said, "Those boys don't know what kinda ass whippin' they got comin' to 'em. We been in ROH since day one. 6 time tag team champs. What did that get us? Not a god damn thing! You gonna find out why we the best boys, believe that!"

Michael Elgin vs. Andy "Right Leg" Ridge-Andy Ridge looks to pick up his first big victory against a wrestler that has been struggling lately in Michael Elgin!

Also in a strange twist, the All Night Express will take on Steve Corino and his choice of a partner..."The Notorious 187" Homicide! What is Corino up to here?

Also announced for both nights of action:
The Embassy
Michael Elgin
Grizzly Redwood
and just announced...Kenny Omega!!!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rematch signed for Dearborn!

At "Honor Takes Center Stage" in Atlanta, TJ Perkins and Kenny Omega put on an instant classic in the middle of the ring. On that night it was TJ Perkins who scored the victory by the skin of his teeth. The rematch has been signed! TJ Perkins vs. Kenny Omega in Dearborn, Michigan. Be there to witness why this match stole the show in Atlanta!!!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:56 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

2 HUGE Matches signed for Toronto!!!

First, fresh off a huge victory over Kenny Omega (and the rematch that will take place the night before) TJ Perkins has earned a shot at the ROH TV Title as he will take on "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. What kind of fight will Daniels bring? Will his old ways come out again to try to retain the TV title? Find out in Toronto!

Second, in a match that was supposed to happen last year...the match has been signed once again. Eddie Edwards vs. Kenny Omega in Toronto! Two men that are looking to secure a big win and move up into title contention once again will collide!

Join us live in Toronto on May 7th as this promises to be a can't miss show!!!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 am
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Can't wait for May 7th :D

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

"Sweet N Sour" Tribute Match announced: With the recent tragic passing of Larry Sweeney, ROH officials wanted to do something special. Enter Delirious. Not seen since last year when Austin Aries and crew attacked him after defeating Aries in the cage, Delirious returns to active competition to honor a fallen brother. His opponent will be a man that Sweeney had one of his funnest matches with: Sal Rinauro. This former ROH Tag Team champion looks to score a win and honor his old friend in the process. The full card for Dearborn is set...

Full card for Dearborn, MI on May 6th:

8 Man Tag Main Event
World Tag Team Champions Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly & The American Wolves
vs.
World Champion Roderick Strong, TV Champion Christopher Daniels, & The Kings of Wrestling

The Briscoe Brothers vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana

Michael Elgin vs. Andy "Right Leg" Ridge

The All Night Express vs. Steve Corino and his dream partner-Homicide

Rematch from "Honor Takes Center Stage"
TJ Perkins vs. Kenny Omega

Grizzly Redwood vs. Tommaso Ciampa

"Sweet N Sour" Tribute Match
Sal Rinauro vs. Delirious

Full card for Toronto to be announced next week!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:51 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Full Card for Toronto, ON on May 7th:

ROH World Title
Final Battle 2010 Rematch

ROH World Champion
Roderick Strong
vs.
Davey Richards

ROH World Tag Team Title Match

ROH World Tag Team Champions
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly
vs.
Colt Cabana & El Generico

ROH TV Title Match

ROH TV Champion
Christopher Daniels
vs.
TJ Perkins

Eddie Edwards
vs.
Kenny Omega

Tommaso Ciampa
vs.
Steve Corino

Tag Team Scramble Match
Briscoe Brothers
vs.
Grizzly Redwood and Andy "Right Leg" Ridge
vs.
The All Night Express
vs.
The Super Smash Brothers

Homicide
vs.
Michael Elgin
I talk about...stuff.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 pm
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Those top four matches look really nice.

Post Wed May 04, 2011 5:44 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 6th, Dearborn, MI results:

The opener saw a ten bell salute for Larry Sweeney followed by "The Sweet N Sour Tribute" as Delirious took on Sal Rinauro. After about 10 minutes of hilarity, Delirious picked up the pinfall after the match as a whole was a fitting tribute to the life and times of Alex Whybrow.

As Delirious was leaving he was assaulted by Tommaso Ciampa at the behest of Prince Nana. Nana berated Delirious as he bounced him from guardrail to guardrail leading to the entranceway. Grizzly Redwood came out and battled Ciampa into the ring and the bell was rung for the contest. After Grizzly got the jump for a few seconds on Ciampa, Ciampa recovered and completely dominated. The new "Crown Jewel" of the Embassy completely decimated Grizzly and scored the quick pinfall. Prince Nana got on the microphone and said he was putting ROH on notice.

The rematch from "Honor Takes Center Stage" followed as TJ Perkins vs. Kenny Omega once again stole the show. This time however, there was no winner as the match went to a 15 minute draw, followed by a 5 minute overtime. Referee Todd Sinclair finally declared the match an official draw and left ringside. The fans gave both wrestlers a standing ovation after the contest despite their dissatisfaction with the draw.

Following that was a contest that ROH officials were scratching their heads at from the beginning. It was the All Night Express vs. Steve Corino, a man who was trying to avoid a relapse...and Homicide! Homicide repeatedly ignored the attempts at a tag by Corino until he finally accepted the tag late in the match and exploded on the All Night Express. Unfortunately, he didn't stop there. He followed it up with a running lariat on Corino. Although the ANX were confused by the situation, they took advantage and hit a double team "Muff Diver" on Corino to get the win. ANX followed the "Code of Honor" with Corino following the contest seemingly showing mutual respect.

After intermission, Andy "Right Leg" Ridge wrestled Michael Elgin in a match that Andy Ridge was not supposed to win...but he did! The man who survived the "Trial Series" was able to score the upset of the year. Truth Martini berated Michael Elgin and left the ring when it was all said and done.

The Briscoe Brothers vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana followed. This match quickly turned violent as the Briscoe Brothers were not messing around. Unfortunately for them, their violent side didn't lead to a win as they got too aggressive and Jay missed a chair shot and absolutely obliterated Mark Briscoe. This allowed Generico to hit a brainbuster for the pinfall. After the match, the Briscoes went absolutely ballistic and destroyed Bobby Cruise! The crowd got all over the Briscoes and the Briscoes responded with middle fingers!

The ridiculously awesome main event followed as it was the 8 Man Tag Main Event where the World Tag Team Champions Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly & The American Wolves
took on World Champion Roderick Strong, TV Champion Christopher Daniels, & The Kings of Wrestling with the added stipulation that the winner of a pinfall could earn a future title shot (if not a champion). In the end, The Kings of Wrestling were able to hit KRS on Adam Cole to score the pinfall after 25 minutes of fast-paced, hard-hitting action. By virtue of the pin, Chris Hero earned the right to a future title shot...whether it be tag team title, TV title, or World Title!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:13 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 7th Toronto, ON Results:

Show opens with the Tag Team Scramble Match as it's Briscoe Brothers
vs. Grizzly Redwood and Andy "Right Leg" Ridge vs. The All Night Express vs.
The Super Smash Brothers. Fantastic way to start the show as all 4 teams put on a hell of a show for the Canadian fans. The Briscoe Brothers finally get on the right track by nefarious means as they absolutely go beyond "wrestling" when they hit a spike Jay Driller on Grizzly Redwood on the floor while the ANX and SSB were occupied with each other on the other side of the ring. After the match, Grizzly Redwood was stretchered out.

Homicide vs. Michael Elgin followed this contest and yet again, things got out of hand. Elgin was being cheered in this one as the former "Canadian Crazy Horse" returned to his home country. This frustrated Homicide so badly that he got himself disqualified when he stabbed Elgin with a fork right in front of the referee. Paul Turner promptly called for the DQ as Homicide continued to stab Elgin with the fork as Elgin gushed blood. This led to Steve Corino coming out to talk to the "Notorious 187" without further violence. Homicide spit in Corino's face and left the ringside area with Corino refusing to "relapse" again.

Immediately following the incident, Prince Nana entered the ringside area with his new "Crown Jewel" Tommaso Ciampa. Nana slapped Corino repeatedly and demanded him to hit him. Corino refused but instead punched Ciampa right in the face after finally losing his cool. The referee rang the bell and Corino went after Ciampa. Eventually Corino's hesitation to use dirty tactics, backfired on him as this allowed Nana to throw powder in Corino's eyes which led to Ciampa scoring the pinfall.

The final match before intermission was the TV title match between Christopher Daniels and TJ Perkins. Despite another impressive performance by TJ Perkins, Daniels was able to score the win after a solid bout after Perkins lost his footing on the top rope and got hit with a Super Angel's Wings!

After the intermission, the crowd was being treated to Eddie Edwards and Kenny Omega when the Kings of Wrestling came out and attacked both men. Confused by this, Omega and Edwards fought back until referee Paul Turner determined that this would now be a tag team match! Surprisingly, after 15 minutes of hard hitting action, Omega and Edwards defeated the Kings! Hero and Claudio argued with Hagadorn after the match.

Speaking of tag team wrestling, this impromptu tag team match was followed by the World Tag Team Title match as Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole defended against Colt Cabana and El Generico! All four fan favorites treated the crowd to a great match which the crowd walked away happy from. Cole and O'Reilly were able to score the pinfall on Cabana following a series of tag team moves and strikes. Generico and Cabana held up Cole/O'Reilly's hands after the match as they were "put over" by the veterans.

The Rematch from Final Battle 2010 followed. In another classic between both men, Davey Richards and Roderick Strong put on a wrestling clinic for the ROH World Title. Truth Martini did not make the trip up to Canada with Roderick, but that didn't mean Roderick was any less aggressive. Strong tried to concuss Davey again with a belly to back suplex from the ring apron, but amazingly, Davey landed on his feet this time and swept Roderick's legs. This time, RODERICK was the one who went crashing head first through the timekeeper's table. The match went another 15 minutes, but it was obvious that Roderick was no longer the same competitor. After a series of strikes exchanged by both men, Davey hit an alarm clock that really did look like it "rang the bell" of Roderick Strong. Davey followed up with a lariat. Roderick kicked out at 2. Davey picked Roderick up by the hair, repeatedly kicking him in the face. Finally Davey whipped him into the corner, hit a running forearm, followed by a Shooting Star Press. He made the cover and 1-2-3! Davey Richards finally won the ROH World Title making him the first person to win the ROH World Title in Canada! He celebrated in the crowd to end the show!!!

After the show, it was announced that the Chicago show (Supercard of Honor VI) would be an IPPV. Main event announcement to come soon!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Mon May 09, 2011 4:04 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Main Event Announced for Chicago, IL on May 21st!!!

ROH World Title Match signed! Davey Richards will make his first defense of the ROH World Title as he defends vs. the World TV Champion Christopher Daniels!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kings of Wrestling vs. Cabana/Generico signed for Chicago!!!

Both teams are trying to get back into the World Tag Team title hunt after losses to Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly. The winner of this contest could be in prime position for a shot at the gold! KOW vs. Cabana/Generico on May 21st at Supercard of Honor VI!

Speaking of the tag team titles, The All Night Express have earned another shot at the gold as it will be Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly defending the titles against Kenny King and Rhett Titus in Chicago!

ROH officials have received word that once again, the Briscoe Brothers are very angry with what they see as ROH holding them down. More on this as it develops.
I talk about...stuff.

Post Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ROH officials are giving the Briscoes an opportunity that they have been seeking...an ROH World Tag Team title shot. In order to earn that shot...they have to go through Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team in Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Can the 6 time World Tag Team Champions defeat Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team to earn a shot to break their own record? Be there on May 21st to find out!!!
I talk about...stuff.

Post Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A HUGE match has been signed for Saturday May 21st! Fresh off a great weekend where they showed their skill and talents...Eddie Edwards and TJ Perkins will lock horns on 5/21! This is a big match for both men as they are trying to make their way back into championship contention!

BE THERE IN CHICAGO!!!!

Eddie Edwards
vs.
TJ Perkins
I talk about...stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Be The Booker