Board index Pro Wrestling Discussion Pro Wrestling Talk TNA Does to "Destination America"

TNA Does to "Destination America"

Talk about everything pro wrestling here.
Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:23 pm
william321 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

AmWolves10 wrote:
It's too bad tna sucks so much because if they were good then wwe would feel at least some pressure to put on a better product

Truly disgusting the level of rosters they have on their roster. Rockstar spud, ec3, devon, abyss, shaw, Bram, who the hell would want to watch

Well D-Von was pretty good as one half of the Dudleyz, Abyss was great in the ring while James Mitchell was his mouthpiece though I agree with the rest especially Shaw he was garbage as Heavyweight Champion in Sanford, garbage in the ECW reunion, garbage in Gut Check and still to this day garbage

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:56 pm
TheDen User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

Fun Fact of the Day:

359,000 is 29.9% of 1.2 million.

Comes out to a 70.1% drop. 64% if your baseline is 1 million.

Was lamely told I needed a math lesson, by daring to suggest that moving to a network with 50% less availability would mean more than a 50% drop in viewers.

I clearly stated that TV viewership behaviors did not work that way & that it wasn't the simple 50/50 cut-n-dry. There were going to be other factors.

IT'S A PROBE!

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:02 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

On the positive side, it's going to be the hi ghest rated program on that network.

Which doesn't mean much.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:28 am
TheDen User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

Kurgen wrote:
On the positive side, it's going to be the hi ghest rated program on that network.

Which doesn't mean much.

Right. Well, we knew they'd be that, since the station's average is 240,000 viewers.

Sidenote: I love the channel for the ghost/paranormal programming. It's my only reason to tune in.

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:22 pm
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wow is that really all the people who are watching tna now? Lmfao

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:09 pm
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So I don't know if directv is late with the programming or the show you're talking about is different, but I got a commercial saying the network premier is this Friday.

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 pm
TheDen User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

The show premiered Wednesday, and got bumped to Fridays beginning at Show #2 and moving forward.

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Friday is a slow tv night and it tends to be a basketball night.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:26 am
TheDen User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

AmWolves10 wrote:
Friday is a slow tv night and it tends to be a basketball night.

TV-viewership wise, it's the worst night of the week to be on in primetime, except for Saturday night. WWE's been costing themselves viewers for years, airing on that night.

And then I remember hearing about how much faith Destination America had in these guys, and then they just recently made the call to not stick to Wednesday -- the original night, which is a far better ratings-grabbing night for TV shows -- and stick them on Fridays. But ya know, they're gonna air other stuff of theirs in a couple other time slots during the week, so... there's that.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:34 am
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Destination America probably saw the first episode and then shook their heads in horror and disgust and then decided to hide them away on Fridays. I could see their ratings getting uglier and uglier. And they have no one to blame for themselves.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:13 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Friday nights might be a slow night, Smackdown moved to Thursday and I thought because Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge moved to Friday, I might be wrong.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:05 pm
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'm just counting down until tna goes back to straight to DVD

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm
TheDen User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

AmWolves10 wrote:
I'm just counting down until tna goes back to straight to DVD

Ironically, that might be a profitable model for them.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:43 pm
Jackass User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

TNA is moving to Friday because they think they'll get former Friday Smackdown viewers. Because, you know, if your show isn't on SyFy anymore you're bound to end up on Destination America.

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:12 pm
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jackass wrote:
TNA is moving to Friday because they think they'll get former Friday Smackdown viewers. Because, you know, if your show isn't on SyFy anymore you're bound to end up on Destination America.

Perfect logic. Right up there with the WWE putting on stuff nobody wants to see, like the return of the authoritha, and waiting for the ratings to soar.

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Talk