Board index Pro Wrestling Discussion Pro Wrestling Talk WWE Fastlane Thoughts

WWE Fastlane Thoughts

Talk about everything pro wrestling here.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 pm
BurningDoom User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Did anyone else watch it? (Free Februrary)

Ambrose vs. Barrett was the best part of the night. They need to let go of the PG stuff for a match like that and just let them beat the bloody hell out of each other like in the Ruthless Aggression era.

Sting vs. HHH was cool. They actually fought each other some. I thought it was gonna be a Titantron interview.

The initial tag-match was good, even. RKOs to everyone! I thought it was strange that Randy Orton wasn't around for WrestleMania season. And did Ryback look like Raphael from TMNT, or was it just me?

And man, how disappointed were you when that casket opened and Bray Wyatt came out of it? Well done.

Regarding HHH vs. Sting: That promo HHH gave almost sounded like a WCW vs. WWE set-up, didn't it?

How cool would it be if Vince tried his original idea again? I had heard interviews that he wanted to keep WCW alive and have a WCW vs. WWE set-up during the Ruthless Agression Era, but the big stars didn't want to sign-on because they could just sit on their contracts and get paid.

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 pm
TheDen User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

BurningDoom wrote:

Nope.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 am
Jackass User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

Doom, I don't know if anyone besides you and I still watch wrestling around here. :P

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:10 am
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I watch wrestling. I just refuse to have anything to do with the wwe. I tried sticking it out and seeing if it got better. They truly have some amazing talent on the payroll and could easily put on the best show every week. Instead the push no talent turds down our throats day in and day out. I don't care about reigns or cena or big show or rusev. I'm tired of seeing them constantly be predictably booked every week. When 1/3 -1/2 of your roster could put on clinics every week and you choose to have a 3 minute squash match with rusev you're either lazy or stupid and I just don't have the time or patience for it any more.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:44 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BurningDoom wrote:

And man, how disappointed were you when that casket opened and Bray Wyatt came out of it? Well done.

Well, disappointing is the norm these days with the WWE.
I sincerely hope they aren't going to try another WCW vs WWE angle, it sucked in the past, would suck even more today.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:25 am
BurningDoom User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kurgen wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Well, disappointing is the norm these days with the WWE.
I sincerely hope they aren't going to try another WCW vs WWE angle, it sucked in the past, would suck even more today.

It was meant to be disappointing. Total heel move. That's why I said "well done".

And the only reason WWE vs. WCW sucked back in the day, was the lack of star-power. If they had guys like Goldberg, Sting, Nash, and Flair; it would've been one the coolest things in wrestling history.

I think they could still pull it off, if done well, though. Obviously they can't use a large majority of the guys from WCW. But imagine something like Sting, Paul Heyman or Shane O Mac showing up with a group of indie or ex-TNA guys or something and trying a hostile takeover. You wouldn't watch that? I sure as hell would. It would definitely liven things up a bit beyond the normal WWE heel vs. face run-of-the-mill storylines.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 pm
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BurningDoom wrote:

It was meant to be disappointing. Total heel move. That's why I said "well done".

Well, yeah, it ranks right up there with Bryan getting knocked out of the RR only to come back and try to put Reigns over for a WM main event. Total heel move. That's the point. A better illustration would be Undertaker losing his streak to a man that didn't need it, that's what I meant by disappointing, the constant need to do total heel moves that are meant to disappoint on purpose,after a while, one stops caring.

BurningDoom wrote:
And the only reason WWE vs. WCW sucked back in the day, was the lack of star-power. If they had guys like Goldberg, Sting, Nash, and Flair; it would've been one the coolest things in wrestling history.

There were many reasons why it sucked, you are correct that one reason was the lack of star power, but that wasn't the key reason. The main reason the whole thing sucked was EGO.
Reading the backstage news and rumors, that hasn't changed, there is no way the WWE could pull off an NWO style angle simply because their inflated, self-important egos will not allow it.
It's the same reason CM Punk had to go, the same reason Bryan can't be "THE" guy and Reigns has the ball today even though he's greener than a pine tree.

BurningDoom wrote:
I think they could still pull it off, if done well, though. Obviously they can't use a large majority of the guys from WCW. But imagine something like Sting, Paul Heyman or Shane O Mac showing up with a group of indie or ex-TNA guys or something and trying a hostile takeover. You wouldn't watch that? I sure as hell would. It would definitely liven things up a bit beyond the normal WWE heel vs. face run-of-the-mill storylines.

The problem is the word "could", yes they could, but they won't. In essence, they could do an angle with Sting and all the anti-authority talent wanting a brand split in order to bring back WCW, perhaps bring Goldberg into the mix, and you are right, if they do it right, it could be epic, but then you have to return to reality and realize we are dealing with egotistical assholes who will never do what's right for business, they will do what they want and tell you that's what's right for business and in the end, you will be disappointed and it would be according to plans, again, a total heel move.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:56 pm
RBV13 Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I thought Fast Lane was a decent outing. I didn't exactly set the expectation bar to high going in so the show delivered as I thought it would. It was a WM pre show with some good in ring, storytelling, sloppy finishes and lackluster developments. It had good and bad.

Few thoughts,
-Rhodes Brothers match sucked. The backstage segment saved it.

-The Orton return fell flat. Crowd was chanting his name five minutes before he arrived. When Authority went over it killed the crowd and no one gave a flying fuck when Orton showed up.

-Ambrose vs. BNB was solid. Continued the program well.

-Wyatt with the Taker entrance was cool but personally just having trouble getting into this feud. Now there are reports Taker is not even going to show until WM leaving five weeks of just Bray. Not sure how I feel about that.

-Sting looked good and was effective. H looks lame as fuck still sporting his leather jacket when in tough guy mode.

-Cena/Rusev has been good but the match was SOS. The Rusev Super Dick Kick was a highlight.

Return to Pro Wrestling Talk