Board index General Discussion Other Sports NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

Discuss topics from the sports world here
Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 am
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Discuss the NFL playoffs here.

So not only are the Steelers traveling to Denver with a massive number of injuries, they also might be without their top tackler on defense because of the location.

Ryan Clark lost his gall bladder and spleen from the high altitude in Denver after a 2007 game in Denver due to a sickle cell trait.

The Steelers have traveled to Denver twice since then and Clark has been a healthy scratch both times because of worries of a repeat incident.

He leads the Steelers defense in tackles this year with 100 and playing without him would be a huge blow to the Steelers defense who are already short a number of players due to injury.
Last edited by Fricknmaniac on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:08 pm
PhenomenalTLD User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sort of "happy" that my Broncos got into the playoffs despite the loss to the Chiefs. Don't think we have a chance vs. Pitt with or without the injuries. Our offense is a joke.
Last edited by PhenomenalTLD on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @PhenomenalTLD
I talk about...stuff.

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Some pretty questionable reffing so far. Lions got screwed with a whistle blowing a sure td dead. So many facemask no calls yesterday, Pitts got a td after what should have been considered a backwards pass was called incomplete and couldn't be challenged.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:13 pm
twiztidmuhfuka User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Saints down 14 in first qusrter.  Know we got some excited 49er fans around here.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:53 pm
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And just like that, Saints right back in it.  Damn i wish i was watching this game.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:08 pm
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Soooooo mad that missing this game. 

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 pm
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I can only imagine how good this game was to a neutral.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:44 pm
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What a phenomenal game. I maybe not have been a solid 49ers fan for a long time, but I grew up a Montana fan and so I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the 49ers.

That was three quarters of the 49ers forcing the Saints to play their style of football and one quarter of the Saints forcing the 49ers to play their style of football. Thankfully the 49ers were up to the challenge.

The only bad thing about the game? Smith's 29 yard go ahead touchdown run on 3rd and 7 is going to be largely forgotten because that wasn't the winning score. That was a great call, no bullshiting around, just do something straight forward the defense doesn't expect at all.

My throat is so hoarse right now I can only hope I'll be able to cheer as much tomorrow during the Ravens game.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:05 am
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fuckin 10 years in the making boo fucking yah!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude i am so jacked right now. i work with a guy who "just doesn't get sports" and he sees me just pacing and screaming every possession. it made for a very entertaining workday.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 pm
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was a hell of a game from the Texans today. Their offensive and defensive lines played absolutely phenomenally.

I have to give credit to Yates too, even though he turned the ball over three times, he didn't get sacked and threw the ball well.

Now on to the Patriots, time to end their season for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 pm
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That missed fumble in the Giants game has to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:38 pm
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Giants 30 Refs 20, let's see if the refs can complete the comeback.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:33 pm
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's funny how much of a difference you can see in the officiating between two games.

The refs in the Ravens/Texans basically let the two teams go at it. There were only three penalties called the entire game (all against the Texans,) two false starts and an illegal block in the back on a punt.

Then you go to the Packers/Giants... ugh the officiating was abysmal that entire game. I hope they don't get another game this post-season.

Also, the four potential Super Bowl match ups are all intriguing:

Super Bowl 35 Rematch: Ravens/Giants
Super Bowl 42 Rematch: Patriots/Giants
Harbaugh Bowl Part 2: Ravens/49ers
Patriots have to go through Harbaughs two games in a row: Patriots/49ers (Technically would work for Ravens/Giants too)

On one hand, I'd love to see the Harbaugh Bowl part 2, but on other hand it'd be a bit bitter sweet to have the Ravens win the Super Bowl and ruin the 49ers perfect record in the big game. (Of course it'd suck if the Ravens lost the Super Bowl, no matter who they played.)
Last edited by Fricknmaniac on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 am
PhenomenalTLD User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I wanna see the 2007 rematch. 49ers vs. Ravens is too much defense for me, but for the record, this is just proof that defense wins championships. Bye bye Green Bay and New Orleans.
Follow me on Twitter @PhenomenalTLD
I talk about...stuff.

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:20 pm
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I'm all in on the 49ers to win the NFC Championship game and take down the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Man, the thought of a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl just sickens me right now.

Next

Return to Other Sports