Board index General Discussion Other Sports 2012 NFL Free Agency

2012 NFL Free Agency

Discuss topics from the sports world here
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm
The Xodus User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

Believe me Elway does not want to come here and have to deal with the Tebow mania again.  Like I said before, I think his best fit is Arizona.
Proud sponsor of this Kickstarter campaign: http://www.thedarkpalace.com/games.html

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:44 pm
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Welcome to the Bay Area Mr.Moss, hope you can still run.

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 pm
The Xodus User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

Smith and Moss huh?  Not sure what to think of this combo, but it'll be interesting to watch.
Proud sponsor of this Kickstarter campaign: http://www.thedarkpalace.com/games.html

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:13 am
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

i hope moss will help our young receiving core. now if we could get colston to i think we'd be pretty set.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Give me Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace, though Colston is a nice choice as well.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well Colston signed a 5 year deal with the Saints today and Wallace is apparently staying put. Hopefully Meachum is still available.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:25 pm
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brandon Marshall was just traded from the Dolphins to the Bears for 2012 and 2013 3rd round picks. (The Dolphins traded for Marshall in 2010 from the Broncos for two second round picks.)

I would think this puts the Dolphins out of the running in the Manning sweepstakes.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 am
The Xodus User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

I think Marshall is a bit over-rated, and from what I hear he's a bit of a diva as well.  We'll see how this work out for Chi Town, but I think this was a bust of a trade personally...

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:58 am
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, it does reunite Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. The last time they were on the same team, that worked out quite well for both of them.

Even if it turns out to be a bust, losing two third round draft picks isn't really that bad compared to some of the other mind-boggling trades that have taken place in the NFL over the last few years. (Arizona trading their best CB and a 2nd round pick for a terrible QB, for example.)

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Calvin Johnson getting Ayrab money.

Daniel Snyder thinks Vincent Jackson is underpaid, but seriously if Finnegan and Jackson got 50 mil plus, Manning is going to be paid in Google and Apple stock.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 am
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well of course Dan Snyder thinks that Vincent Jackson is underpaid... because the only thing Snyder knows how to do is overpay for players.

But... damn... my jaw just dropped at that contract for Megatron. But he totally deserves it.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:01 pm
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

so rumors are brees and the saints org. are about 5 mil off per year. thats's a QB i'd be calling as soon as the final snap of next season is over if i was the niners. that is if he doesn't re-sign.

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:53 pm
The Xodus User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

Okay, I'm now hearing that the Peyton may be in talks with the 49ers now along with the Titans.  Looks like the Arizona and Miami talks are bust now...

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:24 am
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

i read that too. why fix it if it ain't broke? we made it to the NFC championship with no receivers went 1/13 on 3rd downs and still almost won that fkn game so why mess with the team chemistry?

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:43 am
cdans9328 User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

well looks like it might be the elder manning to manningham in the near future. i read that alex smith is working out for the texans and schaub is going to be out for quite a while. so looks like that whole team chemistry thing is a thing of the past.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports