Board index General Discussion Other Sports 2012 NFL Free Agency

2012 NFL Free Agency

Discuss topics from the sports world here
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 am
PhenomenalTLD User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It appears that Denver will be signing Peyton Manning in the very near future...
Follow me on Twitter @PhenomenalTLD
I talk about...stuff.

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And delusional Broncos fans everywhere begin planning the Super Bowl parade. Boggles my mind how much credit these analysts give Manning who just had 4 neck surgeries in 2 years. They make it sound like he can go to any team and automatically make them SB contenders. He'll no doubt be an improvement over Tebow, not to mention I'm sure the fact that Fox will let him run the show is appealing whereas Harbaugh wouldn't but aside from being in a weak division I just don't get why he went there instead of the Titans. He could have been back home, stick it to the Colts twice a year, winnable division. I personally don't think he wants to win a ring again before he retires, he just wants one last big pay day and to end his career the way he's always played it, by being in charge. He's 36 this season and he wants a 5 year deal? Just take a 2 year deal, go to San Fran and win a ring.

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:17 am
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well fuck.

I was really hoping that Manning was going to go to a team that I could root for. Kind of like how I became a Chiefs fan when Montana was traded to them in 1993.

But I will never be an every day fan of the Broncos. I can root for them on occasion (like against the Steelers,) but I'm sorry, Peyton, you're on your own here.

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 am
The Xodus User avatar
World Champion
World Champion

Man....I am actually shocked he would come here.  Well say what you want about the football team here in Denver (I know I do), but if nothing else they keep things here interesting....Wonder if there will be more Tebow drama in the coming weeks?
Proud sponsor of this Kickstarter campaign: http://www.thedarkpalace.com/games.html

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well word is that the Niners apaprently told him Super Bowl or nothing and he wasn't comfortable with that, whereas in Denver he's obviously not expected to go out and win the SB next season. In the Broncos defense they do have a solid o-line that should do a good job at protecting Manning. The Broncos have a tough schedule this year. I predict 10-6.

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And...Tim Tebow is now a Jet
I talk about...stuff.

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I can't wait to see him take over for Sanchez. Greatest QB Duo since Montana/Young, Jets are SB bound!

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:45 am
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Actually, as much as I hate to admit this, this move makes sense for the Jets. They run a lot of Wildcat (or whatever they call it) so it's a hell of a lot easier to put Tebow into those situations to at least add a bit more of a throwing threat.

edit: Looks like there's some sort of language in Tebow's contract which might nullify the trade. If he doesn't end up with the Jets, he might end with the Rams now.

"Tebow has about $5 million worth of recapture language in his contract, meaning the Jets would have to pay back some money to Denver, and the Jets might be unwilling to do that."
Last edited by Fricknmaniac on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am
demez User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This move far from makes sense from the Jets. Tebow is all hype and hysteria, he just brings more chaos into the situation. You just overpaid your shitty QB by about 40 million and you go out and get the Second Coming? All you're doing is creating another QB controversy. I personally think they should sign Rex Grossman, they can compete for the most picks. In all honesty though, the fans are going to be calling for Tebow the second Sanchez screws up so by the 1st quarter of the first pre-season game. Trust me, I know all about the star QB having his head called for, doesn't really help his confidence levels.

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:17 am
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is all about money. Tebow=money. His jersey sales alone will make the Jets organization a ton of money. That's the only reasoning I can think of...well that and pushing Sanchez to do better. I think it will have the opposite effect honestly.
I talk about...stuff.

Post Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So Junior Seau apparently committed suicide today.

I feel bad, but the first image(s) I think of with him are when he and Bruschi were on the sidelines in Super Bowl 42 so excited because Junior was finally going to win a Super Bowl... and then Junior's look of complete distraught after the Giants came back and won.

And then I feel even worse, because I jokingly think that the NFL is going to start giving out Super Bowl participation rings to every player in the NFL every year so no one feels bad.

Post Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 am
Fricknmaniac User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shit... Terrell Suggs tore his ACL playing basketball and now is likely done for the season. This is a massive blow to the Ravens. You'd think he was on the cover of Madden '13 or something.

Previous

Return to Other Sports