Board index General Discussion Other Sports Olympics

Olympics

Discuss topics from the sports world here
Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:10 am
Jayson User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So people watching this?
I don’t think Australia will have a good games, we are no where near as good at swimming as we used to be.

I love watching the random sports, archery, kayaking, fencing and all the other randomness…

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm not watching any of that. First off, the Olympics are the symbol of peace in the world. Not happening today. The torch was lit in Greece, a nation in shambles due to the phony economy. Nations are excluded for political reasons, and the host nation is spending PUBLIC money for CORPORATE gains even though their nation is also in economic trouble.
Why would I care about it in any way ?
Staged bullshit to smokescreen REAL issues.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:27 am
Jayson User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kurgen wrote:
I'm not watching any of that. First off, the Olympics are the symbol of peace in the world. Not happening today. The torch was lit in Greece, a nation in shambles due to the phony economy. Nations are excluded for political reasons, and the host nation is spending PUBLIC money for CORPORATE gains even though their nation is also in economic trouble.
Why would I care about it in any way ?
Staged bullshit to smokescreen REAL issues.

My god you are negative Kurgen… so glad I am not you!

And now onto watching the women’s road race...

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jayson wrote:

I'm glad too, then there would be two on me, and we all know there can be only one !
Enjoy your meaningless entertainment for the masses sponsored by Corporations using public money.

And now I'm searching for more news about the Syrian siege.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:22 am
Jayson User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kurgen wrote:
Jayson wrote:

I'm glad too, then there would be two on me, and we all know there can be only one !
Enjoy your meaningless entertainment for the masses sponsored by Corporations using public money.

And now I'm searching for more news about the Syrian siege.

Thanks! I am enjoying the women’s road race… oh and I went to an art gallery today and had lunch and wine there. Then I went to a pub tonight and had some beers and a nice dinner… are those experiences with my friends and family meaningless?
Every time I read one of your posts Kurgen, I just think of this sad little man sitting in front of his computer in his mothers living room, with no friends and nothing going on. Why don’t you go outside and enjoy the sun… hell thats not owned by the government and the corporations…..yet!

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jayson wrote:
Thanks! I am enjoying the women’s road race… oh and I went to an art gallery today and had lunch and wine there. Then I went to a pub tonight and had some beers and a nice dinner… are those experiences with my friends and family meaningless?

No, they are mundane. I rather not talk about routine, every day experiences that would be of little interest to others.

Every time I read one of your posts Kurgen, I just think of this sad little man sitting in front of his computer in his mothers living room, with no friends and nothing going on. Why don’t you go outside and enjoy the sun… hell thats not owned by the government and the corporations…..yet!

LOL ! I'm anything but that. Apparently you just think what you like. Currently I'm working on a solar panel electric generator that will take my house off the grid and that's my plan to enjoy the sun. You asked about the Olympics, I told you what I thought, you don't have to like it.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 am
Jayson User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kurgen wrote:
Jayson wrote:

No, they are mundane. I rather not talk about routine, every day experiences that would be of little interest to others.

LOL ! I'm anything but that. Apparently you just think what you like. Currently I'm working on a solar panel electric generator that will take my house off the grid and that's my plan to enjoy the sun. You asked about the Olympics, I told you what I thought, you don't have to like it.

Interesting that you are working on solar panel electric generator, seeing thats what I do day in day out. My latest tender was a 1 mega watt solar system in QLD.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jayson wrote:

Interesting that you are working on solar panel electric generator, seeing thats what I do day in day out. My latest tender was a 1 mega watt solar system in QLD.

That's interesting too, since you might actually know what you're doing and I'm still pricing panels and storage batteries. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm
RBV13 Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jay, I really enjoy the games. Love getting a chance to really get into shit I'd really never watch. Each games I find something new to really back. Right now it seems to be water polo.

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:18 am
Jayson User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

RBV13 wrote:
Jay, I really enjoy the games. Love getting a chance to really get into shit I'd really never watch. Each games I find something new to really back. Right now it seems to be water polo.

The games are awesome!
We have been away all week, so at the end of the night we would get back to the hotel and catch up on what was going on. I love the randomness of the games, like badminton and table tennis, and how people work so hard for that. Great to see the fastest men run (something I saw live in Sydney 2000).
Sad thing is Australia has only won one gold medal and the media are going to town about how we suck. while the public is having a go at the medal about how gold is not the point, its all about the games and we have won shit loads of silver.

Australia spends a lot of money on sport and historically we have done very well in the games, so it will be scary if this games makes us spend even more on sports...

Return to Other Sports