Board index General Discussion Other Sports UFC 167 and Dana White..

UFC 167 and Dana White..

Discuss topics from the sports world here
Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:26 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If you've seen this event, you know it's been propagandized as a "controversial" win for GSP. Dana White went and crapped all over GSP about it and accused the Nevada State Athletic Commission of shady dealings.

This interview shows that Dana White is bellow Vince McMahon when it comes to greed. If you know anything about State Athletic Commission scoring of fights, you know that the Champ is always given preference. Round one could have gone either way, but since the Champ pretty much backed up Hendricks and maintainer control of the center of the octagon, one could see the judges going his way. Round 2 was Hendricks, but 3 was St-Pierre, 4 was Hendricks, but 5 was George's. Dana White handed the belt to St-Pierre at the end of the fight with a smile on his face, apparently he had no problem with the decision then, but then St-Pierre said he was taking time off, well, that sent Dana into outrage mode. There's no doubt a rematch is due, but where it becomes hairy is when your Champ has stated he has personal issues that might get in the way and needs to take care of them first. Here Dana White shows absolutely no class. He's only interested in getting the big payoff from the rematch, doesn't care about his talent, even Vince wouldn't pull this kind of shameful behavior, and that's saying a lot. As much as I would like to see a rematch with a 100% St-Pierre vs Hendricks, who showed even less class then Dana and deserves a beating, I would hope George hangs up the gloves and gives Dana the FU he deserves. Joe Rogan is also a bit of a biased S.hole, he called the fight all in favor of Hendricks, never mentioned old Johnny's claim that he would never be taken down or how great he was at wrestling but somehow ended the match in a Kimura hold. This whole deal kinda tuned me off to the UFC in general, they are turning into boxing but worse.

BTW: Who stole the beard gimmick ? Did Bryan have it first or Hendricks ?

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 pm
tazzmission User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I didn't see the fight but like you said, pretty much a majority of non-fanboys said the fight could go either way depending on who you gave the first round to. Is NSAC corrupt, incompetent and, since most of their judges are 90, incontinent? Hell yes. Seen it probably 5 times this last year alone. But Dana already knew this and kept it in NV because he wants everything convenient for him since he lives there. He can easily move the UFC out until NV gets there act together.

But to get to your main point, he actions in this video and the post-fight press conference were disgusting. I was waiting for the "I own you! You'll do what I say!" comment.

The beard or fear the beard think is so played out who knows where it came from, likely hockey. Roy Nelson had it before Hendricks. Personally, I think it should be banned from MMA as it is basically like having a chin helmet.

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:48 am
Kurgen User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apparently Dana will get his way. According to several sources, GSP has agreed to go ahead with the rematch. Interesting note is a lawsuit from former manager Shari Spencer that seemed to be bleeding GSP dry, one talk with Dana, and this problem seems to have gone away...uhm... could Dana have worked a deal with Shari ? Gets even better, apparently GSP after all the swelling and cuts will be ready to go again in about 45 days, meanwhile, the "winner" who looked unhurt, is going to be out for 6 months due to a knee injury suffered during the fight.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ----Mr Spock----

Return to Other Sports