Board index Pro Wrestling Discussion Pro Wrestling Talk WWE releases a bunch of nobodies

WWE releases a bunch of nobodies

Talk about everything pro wrestling here.
Post Fri May 06, 2016 1:39 pm
tazzmission User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Can we not say that I feel sorry for Sandow. Like Bryan, no matter what horrible gimmick they gave him he got over. Think they dropped the ball on him. Apparently there is another huge name going to be released, possibly Orton. I wouldn't care if he was gone, never liked him and he was stale. Always felt he was the guy everyone else made good by jobbing to him versus him being actually good.

Post Sat May 07, 2016 2:54 am
Jackass User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like six total cuts.

Alex Riley... meh, whatever.

Hornswoggle... meh, whatever.

Zeb Colter... wasn't on TV anyway.

El Torito... meh, lol, whatever.

Damien Sandow... tougher one. He was never going to main event much or anything, but he could have meant a lot more than they ever let him.

Wade Barrett... could have been so much more. Rumors have been around for a bit now that he asked for his release at the end of his contract because he was unhappy about the way he was being used... and he definitely should have been unhappy about that.

Post Wed May 11, 2016 9:55 pm
tazzmission User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like we can add Adam Rose to this list. Not sure exactly what he did, seems like he trapped her face to yell at her. Not sure how that is domestic assault up these days you touch a woman its domestic assault even if she is verbally or physically abusing you.

Post Tue May 17, 2016 6:59 pm
AmWolves10 User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I can't believe it took this long for hornswogle and cameron to get released. shocked they kept Ryback after all the drama leading up to this

Post Sat May 21, 2016 2:44 pm
tazzmission User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cody Rhodes is now asking for his release. Cannot say I will miss him, had zero charisma no matter what gimmick they gave him. They should have fired him after the Legcy failure. Seriously, you know you are bad when Orton and the WWE machine cannot get you over.

Not sure what he is going to do whether it is Japan or just retire but I am glad to see wrestlers starting to tell Vince you aren't worth it. Maybe Vince will stop treating everyone like slaves now that a lot are leaving instead of being fired.

Post Sat May 21, 2016 8:46 pm
RBV13 Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Apparently Dustin and Cody bailed early on last weeks Smackdown tappings. Then Cody went online and posted that he requested his release.

Post Sun May 22, 2016 3:22 pm
tazzmission User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I hope Steve Amell gets him a job on Arrow because that guy was the final nail in Cody's coffin.

Post Sun May 22, 2016 3:45 pm
RBV13 Global Moderator
Global Moderator

tazzmission wrote:
I hope Steve Amell gets him a job on Arrow because that guy was the final nail in Cody's coffin.

How so? If anything it was a last ditch effort of Cody's part to become relevant again. He was able to generate some crossover pub and was able to grab a spot on the SummerSlam card. For a celebrity that Arrow guy held up extremely well in the ring. Sure Cody has talent but he was never going to rise above lower to mid card. He peaked when he held the IC title. It was never going to get any better than that. He had a nice nine year run but like all good things it has come to and end.

Post Mon May 23, 2016 2:08 pm
Jackass User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

Well he posted a statement after. Didn't have the best things to say about creative on the way out the door.

https://twitter.com/PrinceCGR/status/734501299337584641

Post Mon May 23, 2016 4:45 pm
tazzmission User avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I feel that anytime a wrestler has to job to a guest it makes them look horrible. I cannot think of a single guest angle that didn't result in a talent's career going down the toilet right after. You can call it publicity but it really isn't when you expose yourself as a joke.

As for Cody's statement, I find it funny he believes he was this exceptional talent that failed only because of creative. He was given 100 opportunities more than anyone without that last name would have gotten and he still sucked. He got the Stardust gimmick, which he looks like he hated, because they couldn't get him over all the other ways they tried to.

On a sadder note, rumor is HHH and Vince look to be black balling him from going elsewhere. A continued dick move on their part but with everyone else telling them to stuff it up their asses, I guess they have to pretend they still own people's lives.

Return to Pro Wrestling Talk